Sunday, March 18, 2012

Our Trip to Auckland New Zealand

A week ago myself, my husband Rich and our sweet friend Sue traveled 20 hours to arrive in Chicago after being gone for 12 days.  We were blessed to represent our church, visiting missionaries Bob and Polly McLain in New Zealand.  It was the trip of a lifetime in 9 days (in the country).  Of course for Rich and I it was our third trip, but who's counting?  :-)


These sheep live just over the fence from the McLain's garden.  They were so funny!

Auckland is a wonderful city, easy to navigate -- as long as you can remember to drive on the left side of the road!  I was grateful we had Bro. McLain for our trip as a driver.

We were so blessed to spend time in several churches while we were there.  They all encouraged us so much!  It's a blessing to know that our Saviour is the same on both sides of the world!


Sue and I enjoyed singing for two of the churches.  We aren't professionals, but we do love serving! Rich enjoyed the chance to preach for both churches.  His voice did great throughout the week!


If you have never had the joy (according to both Rich and Drew) of having an L&P then you will know what an exciting stop this was for Rich!  Sue and I just loved the quilt shop we found in town!  :-)

I loved seeing the late summer flowers, even a few roses were still blooming.  It's alwasy almost shocking to go from winter to summer in one day!  But we certainly enjoyed it!

There is so much more, but now it's time for bed!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Okay listen, you think I'm so inconsequential? Then try this on for size. All those who see unworthiness when they look at me and are given thereby to denying me value - to you I say, I'm not talking about being AS GOOD as you. I hereby declare myself BETTER than you. Cheap Flights to Auckland | Flights to Auckland

    ReplyDelete