Thursday, March 22, 2012

Transform or Conform

Those who would be transfigured with Jesus, must not be disfigured by conformity to the world." ~Charles Spurgeon

About a month ago a dear friend posted this quote on Facebook.  Those that know me are aware of my love for quotes.  I read this one, and it has been in the back of my mind for weeks!

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

I have had this verse memorized for years, so many I can't remember when I first memorized it.  But even though I know each and every word in the verse, I am not sure I paid attention to every word.

 and be not entangled AGAIN with the yoke of bondage. (Caps are mine)

We are reminded that we have the choice of being transformed with Christ or conforming to the world.  This is my daily battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment