Saturday, April 14, 2012

My adventures in baking this week

It seems like forever since I have baked much at all. Four years ago when we found out that Rich, my husband, had diabetes everything from my kitchen changed! Especially anything baked! Now that it's under control I am starting to explore bringing a few things back in. He has a monster sweet tooth that is never satified.  :-)

Earlier this week I tried making English Muffin Bread for the first time. We have had it before, but I had never tried making it myself. It was one of those things that I just thought would be to complicated. But it's not....REALLY!  LOL  And it's so good toasted for breakfast with a cup of hot tea!

Today I am trying a brownie recipe I found. It smells really good in the oven, but I just know that Rich and Drew will let me know if it's not quite good enough. And that's ok. I want to find one that we all love.

And I know that it's crazy to be baking just as it's getting to the hot part of the year. But I just love the smell of something baking in the oven.  It makes the whole house smell good.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment